Hello! I'm Alison Knott, your ethical marketing consultant
The problem today is online marketing gets pitched as fast, easy and one size fits all.
I predict that unless we find a marketing approach we like, feel good about and can sustain, we will quit before we’ve had a chance to make our mark.
That’s why we must embrace it, understand it and make it lovable enough to stick with.
I help by showing ethical businesses how digital marketing can fit – their goals, their resources, and their values.
If your service-based offering puts good into the world, I'm the consultant for you
Explaining what you do and who you serve can be tough. Especially when digital marketing tactics and advice tend to favour ecommerce and SaaS solutions.
But what if your service or mission deals with highly sensitive, esoteric, or complex topics?
What if your goals have less to do with units sold and more about social impact?
What if you don't want some pushy marketing guru, but rather a consultant who is just as socially conscious as you are?
Does that sort of marketing consultant even exist?
Hell yes! My name is Alison K, and I'm here to elevate your digital marketing with intention and integrity.
Three experts in one 5'5'' package
What could you accomplish if suddenly *poof* you had an SEO consultant, senior digital marketer and web designer at your disposal?
That's exactly what you get when you work with me.
You see, I began my career in print design, but, ever curious and unstoppable, I found myself taking on marketing tasks for clients as well. The beauty of working for small teams is the variety of roles and skills you acquire.
I also felt the pull of web design and digital marketing. I was struck by how it brings people, opportunities and ideas together.
So I coded. And designed. And digital marketed (is that even a phrase?). And SEO'd my way through 20+ brands and over 200 websites.
Today I help socially conscious founders in both for-profit and non-profits turn their marketing into something they love. While reaching the ROI they hoped for. And I get to accomplish all this from the comfort of my home office in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia. Talk about a dream job!
“I work with social impact businesses to help them promote their ideas and services online so they can have a bigger impact without feeling like they’re selling their soul.”
— Alison K.
My role in your marketing, and my guarantee to you
Our work together isn't transactional: it's transformational. Since something like "transformation" isn't tangible, I know it can feel very risky to invite someone into your business and ask them to help you change it.
Therefore, I guarantee:
- To be the only one who works with you. I do not outsource any component of my consulting. You deserve a consistent and quality experience.
- To be a true advocate for your ideal audience. I'll tell it like it is. My job is to show you how to attract the right people with your marketing. Which means challenging what you do now, and supporting you in what happens next. I'm here to empower you, not placate.
- To teach, not just preach. I don't want to be another consultant that leaves you with a pile of things to do and no way to do them. Learning by doing is critical to marketing success. Which is why coaching is baked into all my offerings.
If I sound like the right fit for you, let's discuss what you need.
My consulting services go beyond the audit - expect accountability, coaching and training too!
Looking to deepen your marketing in an ethical and sustainable way?
Want to harness SEO without all the tech hoops?
Need a digital marketing speaker for your amazing event?
Being part of community is as equally important to me as the success of my clients. I believe we all have something good to contribute during our time here on this little blue marble. On my end, this has included:
- Mentoring and coaching for startups and entrepreneurs via The Forum and Grow Now.
- Volunteering my marketing services to the Happy Community Project, a movement to bring connectiveness back to communities via their own citizens.
- Volunteering to be moderator for The Forum's weekly connect series.
- Offering free webinars to raise digital marketing literacy in the nonprofit community.
- Co-created and organized the WordPress Halifax Meetup and Atlantic Canada's only WordPress conference.
- Featured on Amplify East, showcasing that women are not a supply issue for Atlantic Canada.
- Being a member of Digital Nova Scotia, Center For Women In Business, and 100 Women Who Care Halifax.