Hello! I'm Alison Knott, your SEO and website conversion consultant
When it comes to SEO and website conversion consulting, I am your team's linchpin. But what is a linchpin?
It is defined as 'a fastener used to prevent a wheel or other part from sliding off the axle upon which it is riding'. In short, it holds a mechanism together - many parts rely on one linchpin to function successfully.
For solo entrepreneurs, and small brands with big dreams, I am that army of one.
If you put good into the world I'm the consultant for you
Explaining what you do and who you serve can be tough. Especially when digital marketing tactics and advice tend to favour ecommerce and SaaS solutions.
But what if your service or mission deals with highly sensitive, esoteric, or complex topics?
What if your goals have less to do with units sold and more about social impact?
What if you don't want some pushy marketing guru, but rather a consultant who is just as socially conscious as you are?
Does that sort of SEO and website conversion consultant even exist?
Hell yes! My name is Alison K, and I'm here to elevate your digital marketing with intention and integrity.
Three experts in one 5'5'' package
What could you accomplish if suddenly *poof* you had an SEO consultant, senior digital marketer and web designer at your disposal?
That's exactly what you get when you work with me.
You see, I began my career in print design, but, ever curious and unstoppable, I found myself taking on marketing tasks for clients as well. The beauty of working for small teams is the variety of roles and skills you acquire.
I also felt the pull of web design and digital marketing. I was struck by how it brings people, opportunities and ideas together.
So I coded. And designed. And digital marketed (is that even a phrase?). And SEO'd my way through 20+ brands and over 200 websites.
Today I help SMBs, nonprofits and social enterprises turn their websites into ROI machines. And I get to accomplish all this from the comfort of my home office in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia. Talk about a dream job!
“I show socially conscious brands how to turn the curious into clients through their website. So they can grow awareness and revenue in a more strategic (and sustainable) way.” — Alison K.
It is an immense privilege to help you achieve your dreams
Let's make your website and brand exceed your expectations! My job is to become a temporary part of your team, elevate everyone's knowledge and skills, and then step back to let you do your magic. Therefore, I guarantee:
- To audit your unique marketing situation with understanding, creativity and curiosity.
- To action next steps with recommendations aligned with your core goals and team abilities.
- To train and support your team in a way that is empathetic and motivating.
- To leave you with the tools and resources you need to continue rocking your goals independent of me.
If I sound like the right fit for your company or organization, let's discuss what you need.
My consulting services go beyond the audit - I also offer training!
Want to harness SEO in a manageable and enjoyable way?
Looking to power up your website in a way that attracts quality leads?
Need a digital marketing speaker for your next killer event?
Being part of community is as equally important to me as the success of my clients. I believe we all have something good to contribute during our time here on this little blue marble. On my end, this has included:
- Founded a meetup and online resource hub for Nova Scotia's creatively driven called the Creative Kick.
- Volunteering my marketing services to the Happy Community Project, a movement to bring connectiveness back to communities via their own citizens.
- Mentoring emerging female and agender designers and marketers around the world.
- Volunteering to be moderator for The Forum's weekly connect series.
- Offering free webinars to raise digital marketing literacy in the nonprofit community.
- Co-created and organized the WordPress Halifax Meetup and Atlantic Canada's only WordPress conference.
- Featured on Amplify East, showcasing that women are not a supply issue for Atlantic Canada.
- Being a member of Digital Nova Scotia, Center For Women In Business, and 100 Women Who Care Halifax.
I celebrate a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world, that respects people of all backgrounds, experiences and gender expressions. I work with brands that strive for a better world too.
Flag designed by Julia Feliz & Hayley Brown.