WordPress Training For Non-Profits
Get the help you need to use WordPress effectively.
Is your organization in a situation where if one certain person left the company, no one would know how to maintain the site?
Are updates happening piecemeal to your dissatisfaction because no one really knows the full capability of your WordPress setup?
Save your organization time and money. Alison K Consulting offers packages suited to help small businesses and organizations take control of their site again.
- On-site training (within HRM)
- Remote video conferences
- Special rates for post-training assistance
- Custom training videos tailored to your site's specific setup
- Content, SEO, user experience and social media evaluations
- Social media, Google Analytics, and design training also available
“We recently relaunched our website with a highly customized WordPress site and needed someone to help us fast track our training on how to use and maintain it ourselves. Alison K has been wonderful in teaching us what we needed to know and then some! She helped us understand why things were done certain ways and how to change them if need be. She has offered suggestions for hosting and how it may solve some of our other issues. We love how she took the time to learn our new site before starting to train us. When the time comes, we’ll be calling on her again!”
- Heather Hunt, Administrative Assistant
Diver Ceritification Board of Canada
“We contracted Alison K to provide one-on-one, in-house WordPress training for our office staff. She began by thoroughly examining our site and creating a customized training curriculum. Using her vast knowledge and can-do attitude, Alison made the learning process relevant and fun and she also produced customized training videos to reinforce learning and ensure a training succession plan. We are so impressed with her organization, knowledge, and attitude that we are continuing to utilize her expertise to guide our staff as we make specific improvements to our website.”
- Dawn Frail, Shaar Shalom Synagogue
Quality, personable WordPress training with years of experience.
Hi, I’m Alison K, your instructor. I am a web consultant by trade, with special expertise in WordPress. I don’t just drive the car – I know how everything runs under the hood:
- Coding and designing content for WordPress and other content management systems since 2009.
- Providing on-site and remote training for Canadian and international clientele since 2012. My sessions cover everything from functionality on established sites to comprehensive post-launch training.
- Well-versed in hosting and admin environments, I can troubleshoot beyond the platform itself.
- Taught design and web related courses at Nova Scotia Community College Institute of Technology and NSCAD University.
- Creator and Lead Organizer of WordCamp Halifax 2018, a volunteer run WordPress conference.
- Leader of Nova Scotia’s only WordPress Meetup, a monthly event where people of all backgrounds meet to get help and share victories.
- A national public speaker on WordPress, online presence and the creative community.
WordPress Training Rates & FAQs
What is the average cost of WordPress training?
Quotes are determined by how much your company needs to learn, and how many sessions are required to learn it.
Training is based on an hourly rate of $75/hour (plus travel time when required). Most companies require at least 3 sessions that are 2-3 hours in length each.
Custom training videos and half day seminars are also available, starting at $500.
Do you offer a special rate for registered charities and non-profits?
Yes, I am pleased to offer a discount to these communities.
Do you offer training for individuals/soloprenures?
I no longer offer one-on-one training for individuals. Instead, I highly recommend checking out the Halifax WordPress Meetup. They offer help every month!
Request WordPress Training Quote
Please provide a few details about your needs and I will respond as soon as possible. Note that I do not offer troubleshooting over the phone.